Lindsay has been writing stories since she could first hold a pencil. It wasn’t until she sat down to edit a manuscript for the first time she realized her true love was not on the writing side of the publishing industry, but the business side. She began interning for Mandy in early 2015 and quickly realized agenting was what she wanted to do forever more.
Lindsay is a self-proclaimed nerd, loving everything science fiction and fantasy – from epic tomes to gaming. She fell head over heels with the SFF genre when she read KUSHIEL’S DART by Jacqueline Carey (she even has Phedre’s marque tattooed on her back).
Lindsay represents science fiction and fantasy, and all genres of YA fiction.
Please do not query with your middle grade, picture books, adult fiction outside science fiction and fantasy, or non-fiction, Lindsay does not represent these genres and will not consider these manuscripts.
Please send your query and first five pages pasted within the body of your email to email@example.com.
- Attachments will not be opened.
- If your book (primarily in SFF) has a prologue, please skip to the first chapter instead to include as your first five pages.
- Lindsay responds to all queries, so if you have not heard back within 4 weeks, please follow up.
- If Lindsay requests your full manuscript, please allow 12 weeks before checking in.
Above all, I’m looking for a narrative voice that resonates with me and characters I can fall for. I want diverse characters and settings that make stories feel real . I don’t always know what I’ll fall in love with, so definitely reach out and query!
- Dark and twisty anything – always my thing
- Sex positive stories
- STEM themes
- Sweet or spicy romance
- Gaming and geek culture
- Female friendships
- Gothic vibes; Tim Burton-esque
- Genre blending
- Determined, intense female protagonists fighting stereotypes and conventions
- Fresh fantasy
- Contemporary and urban fantasy
Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Dark! I adore dark and twisty.
- Non-western fantasy – I’d love to see South American and Native American inspiration
- New Orleans inspired ANYTHING!
- Characters fighting against stereotypes and conventions.
- FRESH urban fantasy
- Smart, unapologetic characters that have to make tough choices. I want fighters.
- Contemporary fantasy
- New spins on cyberpunk
- Non-standard protagonists – maybe an old woman MC?
- Twisty, near-future scifi
- Genre blending
Random fun facts!
I’m Canadian, was a total horse freak growing up, have been a gaming nerd for as long as I can remember, I lived in the UK for two years and Australia for three months, I still say eh, aboot and a number of other things funny (so my husband says), I’m a giant e-sports fan, I lead top end raid guilds in MMOs and I even met my husband online in an MMO (he poached me from a rival raid guild).