Lindsay has been writing stories since she could first hold a pencil. It wasn’t until she sat down to edit a manuscript for the first time she realized her true love was not on the writing side of the publishing industry, but the business side. She began interning for Mandy in early 2015 and quickly realized agenting was what she wanted to do forever more.
Lindsay is a self-proclaimed nerd, loving everything science fiction and fantasy – from epic tomes to gaming. She fell head over heels with the SFF genre when she read KUSHIEL’S DART by Jacqueline Carey (she even has Phedre’s marque tattooed on her back).
** I am on the hunt for fantastic YA romance right now! I would particularly love a f/f romance, but am definitely open to anything. Send me your romance! **
Lindsay represents adult and young adult fiction. In adult she’s looking for fantasy, science fiction and romance. In YA, she loves all genres – contemporary, fantasy, horror, romance – anything!
Please do not query with your middle grade, picture books or non-fiction, Lindsay does not represent these genres.
Please send your query and first five pages pasted within the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attachments will not be opened.
- If your book has a prologue, please skip to the first chapter instead to include as your first five pages.
- I respond to all queries, so if you have not heard back from me within 4 weeks, please follow up.
- If I request your full manuscript, please allow 12 weeks before checking in.
- Dark anything. Fantasy, romance, contemporary, thrillers. I adore dark and twisty in all genres.
- Sex-positive stories. Especially in YA.
- Smart, unapologetic characters that have to make tough choices. I want fighters.
- Epic fantasy (bonus for non-western!) about revolution, resistance and change.
- Contemporary fantasy with fresh fantasy concepts.
- Genre blending. Give me your speculative thrillers or magical realism.
- I love sexy subplots and love interests.
- In romance I like things darker, sexier, grittier. Toxic love, yes please.
- Fun, fearless female voices (I apologize for the alliteration) and quirky, offbeat protagonists.
- Gaming and geek culture.
- In YA romance, while I love dark and gritty, also give me your sweet summer love.
- Light, fun YA beach reads.
- Characters fighting against stereotypes and conventions.
- Were you inspired by Shadowrun, MechWarrior or Vampire: the Masquerade? (FRESH takes on vampires only – this is a hard to sell genre)
- Southern Gothic. Arkham horror. Atmosphere. Monsters.
- The fantastical. Got something weird or offbeat? Query!
I’m looking for a narrative voice that resonates with me and characters I can fall for. I don’t always know what I’ll fall in love with, so definitely reach out and query!
Random fun facts!
I’m Canadian, was a total horse freak growing up, have been a gaming nerd for as long as I can remember, I lived in the UK for two years and Australia for three months, I still say eh, aboot and a number of other things funny (so my husband says), I lead top end raid guilds in MMOs and I even met my husband online in an MMO (he poached me from a rival raid guild).